Biyernes, Disyembre 30, 2011

December 30, 2011

Dear Diary,

Today is the most-unexpected busiest day for my cupcake business.

I slept at 4am and woke up to the sound of my cellphone ringing (at 9 am!). I picked up my phone and answered like a Zombie who acted on his instincts. It was my friend, Dudu, ordering 3 dozen cupcakes for Jens Knuttel. Dudu and Jens are neighbors and the latter's Mom asked the former to order cupcakes from us. Jens was leaving for Manila this day and his Mom wanted to give him his favorite dessert: Cupcakes. If you don't know Jens, well he is quite a celebrity. He's a basketball player from FEU, you see him on UAAP games, he appeared on magazines and most notably is his friendship with Vice Ganda (in case you don't know, Vice Ganda was in Zamboanga city 2 days ago to visit Jens) and he's a constant mention in Vice's tweets. Well, the moment I heard it was for Jens, I thought he's gonna be a VIP client.

I got excited, I jumped to my feet and asked Dudu when is she gonna pick up the order. She said later in the afternoon. Oh God. I was in trouble. My ingredients were incomplete and I no longer have boxes. We usually take orders two days prior to pick up/delivery to buy time to get all the ingredients and materials ready. It was 9 am and they wanted it delivered by 4pm. The opportunity was so hard to miss so I said Yes, I can deliver it. And then I was in serious trouble. I'm given seven hours to buy the ingredients, buy cupcake boxes and bake three dozen red velvet and cookies and cream cupcakes. And worse, I was sleep-deprived.

So I rushed to LB supermaket to buy the ingredients. Sarah was not available this day because she's out of town so I'm left to deal with all these. Mom volunteered to help so I can finish the cupcakes on time. I was able to bake 2 dozen red velvets by 12pm. I ate my lunch and went to town to get the boxes. I arrived home at 2pm and then I continued baking the cookies and cream. By 3 pm I was done with the cupcakes. Time to make the frosting. It took me a good one hour making the frosting, frosting the cupcakes, garnishing them, and then packing them. By 4pm. The cupcakes were ready.

Dudu arrived by 4pm and picked up the cupcakes. I made it. ALL BY MYSELF.

It was a nice experience. Jens tweeted me to say thank you for the cupcakes. I just wish he liked the cupcakes I made. :D

Love Lots,
Godz

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento