Sabado, Disyembre 17, 2011

December 18, 2011

Dear Diary,

It has been a long and busy week. We were finally able to come up with the final cupcakes to be sold to the market at a start-up price of P130/Box of 6 cupcakes in two yummy flavors, cookies and cream and red velvet.

Last Friday night, Sarah and I were busy baking red velvet cupcakes for our 1st ever customer, my friend Lyka for her 22nd birthday. We needed to make the cupcakes perfect for our 1st customer who ordered a dozen RV's. We decided to improve the fluffiness of the cakes and smoothness of the frosting because those were the comments from the people who had a free taste of our product. We discovered a way to making them fluffy, credits to my mom (did I mention she's a pro in baking?). The next challenge was to improve the frosting. The 1st time we did it, it was an epic failure. The sugar did not dissolve properly. We cannot frost the cakes with that quality. That will surely disappoint our 1st customer. We tried making the frosting again, there was improvement but still not the best frosting. Sarah was insisting that it was good enough but being the perfectionist that I am, I told her we could do better than that. So for the 3rd time, with the help of my mom, we tried making the frosting and by some sort of magic, it was the creamiest, smoothest frosting I've ever tasted. Why is my mom so good at making frosting  It's frustrating for our part but eventually, we will learn her trick. :) We frosted the cakes and placed them in a box, ready for delivery.

Then came judgment day. I was very nervous the moment I delivered the cupcakes to Lyka. I was not ready for negative comments. I really didn't want to disappoint our 1st ever customer. Later that day, Lyka texted me to tell me that she loved the cupcakes. It was ecstatic!

Today, we will be busy making cupcakes again. Got 6 orders. Whew. Nice to know that the business is thriving at a snail's pace, but with word of mouth, I believe we will go a long way.

Love Lots,
Godz

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento