Miyerkules, Disyembre 28, 2011

December 29, 2011

Dear Diary,

The cupcake business was a success. Well, at least for a small scale business venture.

We got a huge amount of order during Christmas eve that Sarah and I spent a good seven hours baking, frosting and packing the cupcakes. We actually came up with another flavor, the choco-vanilla cupcakes as requested by one of our clients. It's a chocolate cupcake with chocolate chips inside and vanilla frosting and grated dark chocolate on top. It's the most delicious thing we've ever made.

Tonight, Mom and I will make red velvets for ourselves. I'm gonna try premium ingredients for the cupcakes. They always say that red velvets are not red velvets without a cream cheese frosting so tonight I'm gonna find out why (well, vanilla frosting on top of red velvets is fine but I'm still gonna try icing it with cream cheese frosting).

I figured out that it's hard to sell red velvets with cream cheese frosting here because they are relatively expensive for the conservative market in Zamboanga. Cupcakes are not that popular in the Philippines, let alone Zamboanga city. It's either we revolutionize the cupcake industry in the city or find another place to sell our cupcakes. Dumaguete is the perfect place because it's swarmed by Western people who love cupcakes (I actually lived in Duma for 8 months back in 2008 so I'm no stranger to that place).

Just wanna share with you about my future plans. The moment I graduate, I'm going to work to save up for my cupcake business. I'm going to enroll in a course that is dedicated to baking in a nice culinary school, put up a cupcake business (ideally in Dumaguete) with a good business partner and start the cupcake revolution.

I might sound ambitious, but I'm determined. :)

Love Lots,
Godz

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento